AVP – Analyst – CFG
AVP – Analyst – CFG (Req #: 26289BR)
Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody’s empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
- Perform and present at committee’s in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sector and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high-quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with the Senior Management at some of our rated companies
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit issues affecting some of our rated companies, including periodic credit opinion reports, in-depth reports on rated companies and sectors, special comments and short articles on current credit topics
- Develop Moody’s franchise through intermediary visibility initiatives (e.g. investor one on one discussions, conference participation, media interviews)
- Coach and develop support associates
- Willingness to participate in analytic projects that go beyond the portfolio management of this position
- Relevant credit/risk assessment experience including financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow-based lending techniques gained from a financial institution, asset management or audit firm (Typically, a Moody’s employee working at this level would have between 6 and 9 years of relevant experience)
- Strong knowledge and experience of corporate investment grade and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Prior experience of leveraged finance transactions is required
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
- Strong quantitative aptitude including a robust understanding of accounting standards and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
- CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential, local language skills beneficial
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.