The amount of data available to organizations and individuals is unprecedented. Financial services sectors, including securities & investment services and banking, have the most digital data stored per firm on average. As a result, financial companies have been on an innovation and technology push to create new, disruptive technologies that can maximize use of the these data assets to solve some of the industry’s toughest problems.
This two-evening, hands-on course provides a structured teaching environment where students learn classic data science methods, which are used as the bases for many financial technologies. At the end of the workshop, course participants will have applied the Python programming language and essential data science techniques to solve complex finance problems. Specific areas in finance where the data science skills acquired from this course can be effectively applied include: sentiment analysis, advanced time series analysis, risk management, real-time pricing and economic data analysis, customer segmentation analysis, and machine learning algorithm creation for financial technologies.
What This Course Offers
- An overview of data science methods relevant to finance and fintech
- Explanation of the hype around data science, machine learning & big data
- Hands-on Python programming experience
- Understanding of effective data visualization techniques using Python
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 1 year
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences
Who Is This For
This course is relevant for professionals who want to gain a hands-on introduction to essential data science methods that are utilized in finance and fintech.
This class is run by Cognitir. Please note that you must have taken an introductory Python programming course before attending this workshop.
If you are interested but do not have any experience, please check out our course "Introduction to Python for Business and Finance" taking place on 19th&20th April.
Monday, 3rd May 17:00h-20:30h
Tuesday, 4th May 17:00h-20:30h