VanEck is a global asset manager which offers both passive and active investment products. A large part of the business is in Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s). The firm has offices worldwide including its headquarters in New York and offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Sydney, Zurich, Singapore and Shanghai.
For an assigned set of investment strategies, the Product Manager has responsibility for product management, including fund positioning, product development, and product marketing. This is a highly visible role that relies on strong analytical skills. The successful candidate will be a positive and creative thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills. This position is based in Frankfurt and works closely with others in Product & Marketing, Sales, Legal, and Portfolio Management as well as with external service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Conduct quantitative analysis (e.g., tracking error, performance contribution, revenue breakdown, market share insight, sensitivity analysis, and Sharpe ratio), leveraging Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
- Propose and design new product ideas based on ongoing market assessments and by analyzing available quantitative data
- Project manage fund development/launch efforts and other special projects
- Advise Marketing in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns
- Respond to RFP and DDQ requests and client questions
- Provide timely and accurately update marketing collateral, website information, regulatory documents, and DDQs
- Build relationships with journalists and financial influencers
- Interact with clients on social media
- Champion assigned product set internally and externally by proactively delivering insightful communications and commercial arguments
- Present the products during webinars or during client calls
- Review and monitor product related data in public databases and on online platforms
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree in Economics, (Mathematical) Finance, or Engineering, with excellent academic grades
- CFA Charterholders or Candidates are preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in financial services, preferably for an ETF/mutual fund provider.
- Excellent command of English and German (native level preferred).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and writing skills
- Passion for investing and finance
- Rigor and a natural sense for delivering high-quality end results
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimum supervision, meet ambitious deadlines, and achieve superior results
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, clients and service providers
Please forward your application to:
Global Head of Human Resources